After paying for utilities, childcare, and transportation, many Missouri families find it difficult to afford quality food. Seeking food assistance is the best option for them now. In this article, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) explains how to apply for Food Stamps in Missouri (MO). Look into it further.
1. What are Food Stamps in Missouri?
Food Stamps in Missouri Program is a federally funded program of the United States government that assists you and your family in purchasing food necessary for good health. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is also mentioned (SNAP).
Households that meet the program’s requirements will receive benefits via an Electronic Benefits Transfer card (EBT card). The card functions the same as a debit card. The EBT card comes pre-loaded with a certain amount of money to pay for food. You can use the EBT card to buy food at various stores.
Although EBT cannot be used to pay for home-delivered meals, the elderly can usually pay for such food with their SNAP benefits.
2. How to qualify for Food Stamps in Missouri?
To qualify for Food Stamps in Missouri, you must:
- reside in Missouri.
- have a Social Security Number.
- be either US citizens or qualified aliens.
- have a household income that is less than the SNAP maximum income limit. The gross monthly income level must be at or below 130% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
- not have more than $2,500 in assets ($3,750 if all members of your household are over 60 or disabled).
3. How to apply for Food Stamps in Missouri (MO)?
How to get Food Stamps in Missouri? To apply for SNAP in this state, you just need to complete these three easy steps:
- Step 1: Prepare the required documents.
- Birth dates of household members.
- Social security number for household members.
- Income and its proof.
- Amount of assets.
- Child care expenses.
- Shelter and medical expenses.
- Employer-sponsored insurance, if any.
- Step 2: Fill out and submit an application
- Apply in person at the Missouri Department of Social Services.
- Apply online via the Missouri Department of Social Services website.
- Apply by calling 855-823-4908.
- Step 3: Ready for an interview
Once submitting your application, you will be scheduled for a phone interview. If you miss this call, you can complete your interview by visiting your local resource center or calling 855-823-4908.
Don’t have an EBT card yet? We can help you get one immediately. Click here!
How to apply for Food Stamps in Missouri (MO)? Have you got any ideas? Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) is confident that the above sound instructions will result in you receiving SNAP benefits. Let’s know if you have any troubles with any of these steps. We will make every effort to help you.
==> Read More: