Does Kroger accept EBT/food stamps? In this post, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) will answer the question and discuss different angles of how to use SNAP benefits at Kroger stores and which food you can or can not purchase in these stores.
1. Does Kroger Accept EBT/Food Stamps?
Does Kroger take EBT? Yes, Kroger receives SNAP benefits in many locations so customers can pay for groceries. Only USDA-Approved items are qualified for buying with food stamps at Kroger stores. Customers can use EBT cards like debit or credit cards when retrieving orders from the Kroger store and delivery. If you order above $35, you will get free delivery.
As you can see, SNAP benefits are beneficial to your budget. To get your own EBT cards, hit the below button immediately!
2. How To Use EBT Cards/ SNAP At Kroger?
Kroger stores provide a variety of shopping methods via physical regions or online platforms. You can use SNAP benefits to pay for food items if you choose an online pickup, self-checkout, or Instacart delivery. Here are some steps of different methods you can follow to use food stamps:
You can follow these steps to be on self-check-out:
- Step 1: Enter any Kroger store and grab groceries.
- Step 2: Bring your products to a register or self-checkout stand.
- Step 3: Click “Start” on the checkout machine to scan your products.
- Step 4: Choose “EBT” on the PIN pad for the checkout stand.
- Step 5: Insert your SNAP benefits into the PIN pad’s slot.
- Step 6: Choose “Cash benefits” or “Food stamp,” relying on what you want to use from your card’s funds.
- Step 7: Enter a four-secret-digit number on your EBT card.
- Step 8: Wait for the display screen to show “Accept”.
2.2. Pick up or Order online
Here are some stages you can do to pick up or order online:
- Step 1: Log in to your account on the Kroger application or Kroger.com.
- Step 2: Choose your favorite store region. You need to enter the ZIP code to get to the nearby store.
- Step 3: Choose and add products to your cart.
- Step 4: Select the pickup date and time you want, and you can choose the same day or next day pickup.
- Step 5: Fill out your phone number.
- Step 6: Confirm your food order and press “Submit”.
A staff member will pick your products as you order online. Call the number on the sign near your parking lot when you’re at the pickup location. The store assistant will take your order and load it into your vehicle. Afterwards, you swipe your SNAP benefit to pay for eligible products. If you order any ineligible products, you must use another payment such as a credit or debit card.
2.3. Instacart Delivery
“Does Kroger delivery accept EBT? Does Kroger accept EBT for delivery?” Yes, you can use food stamps when receiving your orders from delivery and a Kroger store. Here are below steps that you can refer to on Instacart delivery.
- Step 1: Log in to your account on the Kroger app or Kroger.com.
- Step 2: Select “Delivery” and click on ‘Start shopping”.
- Step 3: Choose products and add them to your cart.
- Step 4: Select your postal code, city, and address to receive your order.
- Step 5: Press “Checkout delivery”.
- Step 6: Choose your delivery time.
- Step 7: Confirm your address and item order.
- Step 8: Confirm your delivery via Instacart and provide your phone.
- Step 9: Press “Add a new card” on the “paying with” tab.
- Step 10: Fill out your name and EBT card’s details as required and press “Add”.
- Step 11: Press on save.
3. Food Items That You Can Buy With SNAP At Kroger
As mentioned above, you can use an EBT card to purchase eligible food items at Kroger stores. Here is a list of products you can pay for with SNAP benefits:
- Poultry, meat, and fish.
- Produce such as vegetables and fruits.
- Cereals and bread.
- Dairy items like yogurt, milk, cheese, etc.
- Snack food items (energy bars, cookies, chips).
- Seeds and plants that you can grow and collect to eat.
4. Food Items That You Can’t Buy With EBT Cards At Kroger
There are some restrictions on products that you can’t buy with food stamps, including:
- Medicines and vitamins.
- Foods intended and hot foods that you can eat immediately.
- Liquor, beer, wine.
- Live animals such as fish are removed from the water and shellfish.
- Non-food products like pet food, etc.
- Paper products.
- Personal hygiene products such as shampoo, toothpaste, deodorants, and cosmetics.
- Cleaning and household supplies.
Does Kroger Accept EBT/SNAP benefits? Kroger stores make a great effort to accommodate all shoppers regardless of their purchase power or background. If you’re a Kroger customer with food stamps, you can buy food items at the nearest Kroger store. Moreover, you can shop online at the Kroger app or Kroger.com and pick up your order at any time with your food stamp at no extra cost. With this knowledge, Hanfincal.com hopes you can save as much money as possible and make your life a little bit easier.