Not every mom-and-pop shop is willing to take EBT/Food Stamps, and many small business owners didn’t even know that they could take EBT and use it at their stores, even if they don’t usually accept it as payment. This blog from Hanfincal (hanfincal.com), will mention Subway and find out: Does Subway take EBT in 2022?
1. Does Subway take EBT Cards/ Food Stamps?
Does Subway accept EBT? Yes, Subway takes SNAP EBT cards in 6 states including Arizona, California, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, and Rhode Island through Restaurant Meals Program (RMP).
However, you can use your EBT card to pay for Subway inside the store across the United States that allow it, but you cannot use it to pay for your meal through the Subway app or third-party delivery services.
In these states, you can use the funds on your EBT card to pay for your Subway meal, just like you would a debit or credit card.
2. What can you get at Subway using Food Stamps?
If you live in a state with the RMP and qualify, you can only use your EBT card to purchase hot or prepared food items at Subway. If you find a Subway that accepts EBT but does not participate in RMP, you’ll be limited to cold food items that you can carry and prepare at home.
Here’s a list of cold items that are SNAP-eligible and can be purchased at Subway with food stamps:
- Red meat: steak, ribs, and ground beef.
- Cereals and bread.
- Pork products: sausages, chops, bacon, and tenderloin.
- Vegetables and fruits.
- Desserts: ice cream, cookies, and brownies.
- Dairy products: milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Crackers and chips for snacking.
- Salads and cold sandwiches.
- Soft and energy drinks: Sprite, Red Bull, and Pepsi.
- Chickens and other poultry products.
3. The Subway location that accepts Food Stamps
Here are 3 Subway locations that accept Food Stamps:
Does Subway take Food Stamps in Arizona? Yes, it does. Arizona is also an RMP state, with 61 Subway locations accepting your EBT Card. Anthe and Benson are two of these cities. Peoria, Mesa, Gilbert, Phoenix, Rio Roco, Tonopah, and other cities.
The Golden State Advantage Card is the name given to California’s EBT card. The RMP includes the state, and Subway is one of the restaurants that accept EBT. However, the RMP does not apply to all counties in California.
Subway locations in Alameda, Santa Clara, Orange County, Riverside, San Diego, and Los Angeles accept EBT cards.
3.3. Rhode Island
EBT Cards are accepted at approximately ten Subway locations in Rhode Island. Call 1-866-306-0270 to find one near you.
4. How to use an EBT card at Subway?
Now you know the answer to the question “Can you use EBT at Subway?” Here are four steps to use an EBT card at Subway:
- Step 1: Begin by placing your order as usual.
- Step 2: Insert your EBT card into the credit card reader.
- Step 3: After sliding your card, you will be able to select the type of card. Select “EBT” rather than a debit or credit card.
- Step 4: The credit card terminal will process the card information and deduct the total cost of your meal from your SNAP balance.
Subway is a popular fast-food chain that accepts EBT for purchases. If you are wondering, does Subway take EBT in 2022?, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) hopes this post we brought is a great help.