Does Starbucks accept EBT in 2022? In this post, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) is going to discuss different angles of how the EBT card can be used at Starbucks, where it can be used in the world, and how it can be used in different states in the U.S. in 2022.
1. Does Starbucks accept EBT cards/ Food Stamps?
Yes, Starbucks accepts EBT at some licensed locations but not at any stand-alone Starbucks. Licensed Starbucks, also known as non-corporate Starbucks, are Starbucks kiosks found inside grocery stores such as Target, Safeway, Fred Meyer, or a Marriott Hotel. This means that you can use your SNAP benefit or EBT card at a Starbucks inside a retail store that accepts EBT and food stamps because it has already been approved.
Starbucks does not participate in the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP) in the United States. As a result, you cannot use your EBT card to purchase hot prepared foods or beverages at any Starbucks location across the U.S.
But does Starbucks accept EBT for cold drinks? Hot foods and beverages are not eligible for SNAP benefits or EBT cards, but all cold drinks are. Sandwiches, sweets, energy drinks, soft drinks, and snacks are also available at the store.
2. What can you buy with SNAP benefits in Starbucks?
Here’s what you might be able to buy with your EBT card at Starbucks-affiliated stores:
- Pumpkin bread.
- Coffee beans.
- Ground coffee.
- Soft drinks.
- Cold beverages.
- Energy drinks.
- Instant coffee.
Except for hot foods and beverages, anything with a nutritional label is usually EBT-eligible.
3. How to use an EBT card at Starbucks?
Here’s a quick rundown of how to use your SNAP benefits at Starbucks:
- Step 1: Call or go to a licensed Starbucks location inside an EBT-accepting grocery store, such as Target or Safeway.
- Step 2: Call or visit the customer service desk to inquire whether the Starbucks kiosk accepts EBT.
- Step 3: After making your purchase, swipe your card at the payment register and choose SNAP as your payment method. Then you must enter your PIN.
If you’re a coffee fan, you probably visit Starbucks often. However, did you know that you can use your EBT card at Starbucks? It’s true! In the blog above, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) covered the basics of the topic: Does Starbucks accept EBT in 2022, and what you could buy here. Don’t miss out on a chance to drink subsidized coffee.