Does Aldi take EBT cards for Food Stamps? If you haven’t heard the big news, Aldi is rolling out a new food stamp program that will allow everyone to use their EBT card to buy groceries at the popular grocery store. This is a big deal for budget-conscious families, and Aldi has done so until now. Learn more about it from Hanfincal (hanfincal.com).
1. Does Aldi take EBT cards for Food Stamps?
Does Aldi take Food Stamps? Yes, Aldi accepts EBT cards to pay for many grocery items at all its locations throughout the United States. SNAP/EBT is taken in-store or online, with delivery or curbside pickup options.
Although the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) administers SNAP, the program is managed at the state level. Each state has its rules, so check with your state’s appropriate agency to learn how the program works and when your EBT card should be reloaded.
SNAP customers can also purchase non-SNAP products at Aldi, but they must be paid separately with cash or a debit card.
2. Does Aldi accept EBT online?
Does Aldi accept Food Stamps online? Yes, Aldi accepts SNAP/EBT cards online for delivery and curbside pickup in 37 states and over 1700 stores through its partnership with Instacart. However, you cannot use your EBT card to pay for Instacart delivery or service fees.
When shopping for groceries online using your EBT card, you can use Aldi’s Instacart Storefront or the Instacart app. You will be able to enter your debit and credit card information and your EBT card number at the checkout.
3. How to use an EBT card at Aldi?
Using your EBT card to check out at your local Aldi store is the same as using any debit or bank card when shopping in person. After your groceries have been rung up, swipe your EBT card at their payment terminal, choose EBT as your payment method, and enter your PIN when prompted.
When you pay with an EBT card to use your SNAP benefits for a delivery or curbside pickup order, you will be using Aldi’s integration with Instacart.
After placing your order and selecting pickup or delivery, click the green checkout button to enter your delivery address and payment information.
Follow these steps to use your EBT SNAP card while browsing through Aldi on the Instacart interface:
- Step 1: Make sure you have an Instacart account. If not, make one.
- Step 2: Go to Account Settings and select your EBT SNAP card as a payment method.
- Step 3: Following SNAP (Food Stamps) guidelines, the user must add a payment method for non-food items such as fees, taxes, and tips.
- Step 4: Entering your ZIP code will allow you to see which Aldi locations accept EBT online.
- Step 5: Once you’ve found the store, you can load EBT-eligible Aldi groceries into your cart.
- Step 6: Once you’ve finished shopping, apply the necessary EBT benefits to the order.
4. What food can you buy with SNAP benefits at Aldi?
Following USDA guidelines, you can use your EBT card to purchase the following items at Aldi:
- Snack foods.
- Dairy items.
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- Plants and seeds that grow edible food.
5. What food can you not buy with SNAP benefits at Aldi?
What you can’t get with your EBT/SNAP card at Aldi:
- Items for personal hygiene.
- Tobacco and cigarettes.
- Vitamins, supplements, and medications.
- Live animals.
- Hot food.
- Wine and beer.
- Food for pets.
- Cleaning and household supplies.
- Paper goods and other non-food items.
Does Aldi take EBT cards for Food Stamps? The good news is that they do! Aldi is a popular grocery store chain with stores all over the US. One of their huge draws is that they have a wide selection of healthy food. There are also a lot of choices for people who are on a budget because they sell generic brands. Do not pass up a great chance to go shopping at Aldi. Let’s Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) share this chance with you.