Are you looking for how to apply for Food Stamps in Alaska (AK)? If this is the case, don’t skip this article. You can reap the benefits after reading it. Let’s go exploring with Hanfincal.
1. What is Alaska Food Stamps (SNAP)?
Alaska Food Stamps Program is a federally funded program administered by the United States government that provides food assistance to low-income households. Its other name is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The SNAP Program assists you and your family in purchasing nutritious foods. Food is available at most groceries and other food retailers. Food and Nutrition Services of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) oversees this SNAP program.
If you meet the program’s requirements, you will be issued a special debit card (called an EBT Card). The EBT card comes pre-loaded with a certain amount of money to pay for food. It functions exactly like a regular debit card. You use the card to pay for your groceries, and the cost is deducted from the total amount on the card.
To use your EBT Card more efficiently, you should know the answer to these questions: Do all grocery stores accept EBT? Can you use your SNAP at any gas stations that accept EBT near your area? Are there any restaurants that take EBT?
Some TASTY & CHEAP SNAP-eligible groceries with FREE delivery that we highly recommend for you.
While learning about this program, you will know more surprising things you can buy with Food Stamps not just only some basic goods.
===> Read More: Top Seafood Places That Accept EBT Near Me & Food Stamps
2. How much will I receive in food stamps?
The average monthly SNAP benefit is $166 ($41 more than the national average) in Alaska. That’s an extra $1,002 to spend on food each year. The minimum monthly SNAP benefit amount is $19 (which still amounts to an extra $228 per year for food). However, the maximum monthly benefit amount is determined by the number of people in your household, your income, and your resources. Look at the table below:
|Household Size||Urban||Rural I||Rural II|
3. Food Stamps in Alaska eligibility
To be eligible for Food Stamps in Alaska, you must meet its eligibility requirements.
- You work but earn little money.
- You have a limited or fixed income.
- Applicants have been laid off.
- Applicants are either retired or disabled and therefore unable to work.
- Participants who:
- have a current bank balance (both checking and savings) of less than $2,001, or
- have a current bank balance (both checking and savings) of less than $3,001, and live in the same household as one of the following:
- a person or people aged 60 and up,
- a disabled individual.
4. How to apply for Food Stamps in Alaska (AK)?
To apply for Food Stamps in Alaska, you have 4 options:
- Apply via mail or fax: Download, print, and fill out the Alaska Food Stamps Application, then mail or fax it to your local Alaska Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) office. You can also call the Alaska DHSS hotline at (907) 465-3347 and request that an application be mailed to you. Once completed, you will mail your form to your local DHSS or fax it to (907) 465-5031.
- In-person applications: You can apply for Alaska food stamps at a local Department of Health Services office.
- Apply online: To apply for Alaska food stamps online, go to the myAlaska website and sign in or create an account. You can get to the myAlaska website by clicking here.
- Apply by phone: To apply for food stamps over the phone, call the Alaska DHSS helpline at (907) 465-3347.
Don’t have an EBT card yet? We can help you get one immediately. Click here!
If you’re still unsure how to apply for Food Stamps in Alaska (AK), the button above is a powerful solution to assist you with the rest. In addition to Food Stamps, which help overcome food cost burdens, Hanfincal can help you find Section 8 housing assistance. Keep us in your mind if you are looking for affordable housing or finding a solution for any of your financial troubles.
==> Read More:
- How To Apply Food Stamps?
- Food Stamp Assistance Program
- Food Stamp Age Requirement
- Food Program For Low Income Families
- Does Walmart Accept EBT?
- Does Costco Take EBT?
- Does Target Accept EBT?
- Does Aldi Take EBT?
- Does Walgreens Take EBT?
- Does Starbucks Accept EBT?
- Does Subway Take EBT?
- Does Shell Take EBT?
- Does Carl’s Jr Take EBT?
- Does Kfc Take EBT?
- Does Cvs Take EBT?
- Does Pizza Hut Take EBT?
- Does Taco Bell Take EBT?
- Does Mcdonalds Take EBT?
- Does Amazon Take EBT?
- Does Little Caesars Take EBT?
- Does Dominos Take EBT?
- Does Dairy Queen Take EBT?
- Does Safeway Take EBT?
- Does Kroger Delivery Accept EBT?
- Does Speedway Take EBT?
- Does Schwan’s Accept EBT?
- Does Fred Meyer Accept EBT?