Protein powder has become a staple in the diet of many people who want to build muscle, lose weight or simply lead a healthy lifestyle. However, it is expensive, and many customers wonder, “Can You Buy Protein Powder With Food Stamps?” In this blog, Hanfincal will help you answer the question of whether you can purchase protein powder with SNAP benefits or not.
1. Can You Buy Protein Powder With Food Stamps?
Protein Powder is one of the things listed on the list of what food you can buy with an EBT card. So Yes, you can pay for a protein powder with SNAP benefits; however, not all protein powders are EBT qualified. You can buy protein powders sold as food with your EBT card, and protein powders are supplements that are not SNAP-eligible. Another great news is that you can use your EBT card in another state to buy Protein Powder.
Don’t have an EBT card yet? We can help you get one immediately. Click here!
2. What Kind Of Protein Powder You Can Buy With Food Stamps?
Protein powders labeled with “Nutrition Facts” are sold as food. In contrast, protein powders marked as “Supplement Facts” are supplements. You can read these labels on the back panel of the packaging.
List of EBT-Eligibility Protein Powder
Here is a list of some leading brands in plant-based protein powder you can buy with food stamps:
- MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder.
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard (100% Whey).
- BSN Syntha-6 Edge.
- Ascent Native Fuel Whey
- Isopure Low Carb.
- Levels Whey Protein.
- NAKED Pea Protein.
- Garden of Life Sport.
- Vega Sport Premium Protein.
- Garden of Life Meal Replacement.
- NOW Sports Pea Protein.
- Dymatize ISO100 Hydrolyzed.
Protein Powder That Are Not EBT-Approved
Here are some brands that you can’t buy using SNAP benefits, include:
- Vital Proteins (Collagen Peptides).
- MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Ripped.
- Body Fortress.
- Pro JYM.
- GENF PRO Protein.
- Ancient Nutrition Multi (Collagen Protein Powder).
3. Where To Buy Energy Drinks With Food Stamps/EBT Cards?
You can purchase SNAP-eligible protein powders at grocery stores and supermarkets such as Safeway, Whole Foods, Wal-Mart, Publix, Sprouts, Albertsons, etc. However, some supplement stores like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe don’t generally receive food stamps. You can also buy it at any food delivery app that takes EBT.
You can also use your EBT card to buy various types of products online at Amazon. Here are some TASTY & CHEAP SNAP-eligible groceries with FREE delivery that we highly recommend for you.
4. Protein Powder Alternatives
If you use EBT cards, you will find some limitations on items that you can purchase. Food stamps are issued under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food program for low-income families), otherwise known as EBT cards and SNAP benefits, and are administered by the US Department of Agriculture to support qualified individuals purchasing nutritious food. Here is a list of products that you can alter protein powders and buy with food stamps:
- Food from some sources: You can use SNAP benefits to purchase any products such as fish, meat, poultry, vegetables, dairy items, etc., from stores that do receive EBT cards. Besides, independent meat markets, convenience stores and farmers’ markets also take EBT cards.
- Seeds and plants: Although you can’t purchase ornamental plants with food stamps, other plants that can produce food are eligible. This product consists of any produce such as vegetables, seeds, fruits, etc.
- Junk food: It’s possible to purchase junk food such as potato chips and soft drinks with EBT cards. Other special-occasion foods such as birthday cakes are qualified, as long as decoration items don’t get a higher value than the cake.
- Luxury food items: You can purchase costly steaks, seafood, and even organic food using SNAP benefits. However, live animals such as animals intended for slaughter, a fresh lobster pulled directly from the tank and chicken laying eggs are not authorized.
- Energy drinks: In accord with USDA food and nutrition service, you can pay for energy drinks with your food stamps. If the label shows a nutritional value, this food is qualified. However, if supplements facts are marked on the label, you can’t purchase this item.
Can You Buy Protein Powder With Food Stamps? Buying protein powder with EBT cards is possible; however, not all protein powder items are qualified. To know which protein powder products you can purchase using food stamps, you must read the information on the back panel of the packaging. With this knowledge above, Hanfincal hopes you found helpful information in this post that helps you save as much money as possible.
===> Read More:
- Does Target Accept EBT?
- Does Costco Take EBT?
- Does Walmart Accept EBT?
- Does Walgreens Take EBT?
- Does CVS Take EBT?
- Does Circle K Take EBT?
- Does Grocery Outlet Take EBT?
- Does Big Lots Take EBT?
- Does 711 Take EBT?
- Does Amazon Take EBT?
- Does Kroger Delivery Accept EBT?
- Does Publix Take EBT?
- Does Sprouts Take EBT?
- Does Albertsons Take EBT?
- Does Safeway Take EBT?
- Fast Food Restaurants That Accept EBT
- Fish Markets That Takes EBT
- Gas Stations That Accept Food Stamps
- How To Sign Up For Food Stamps?
- Food Stamp Age Requirement