Section 8 housing assistance is a significant opportunity provided by the American government to Idaho residents struggling to pay their monthly rent. If you still haven’t found the program guidelines, read this article from Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) on how to apply for Section 8 in Idaho (ID). Don’t ignore and leave your benefits behind.

1. What is Section 8 Housing in Idaho?

Section 8 Housing in Idaho program is a federal housing program that provides rental assistance to low-income families in Idaho to afford safe and sanitary housing.

The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds Section 8 rental assistance, which is administered by the Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) and the Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA).

This program requires you to pay 30% of your household’s adjusted gross income for rent and utilities. The IHFA will send a subsidy directly to your landlord to cover the remaining 70% of your living expenses.

2. How to qualify for Section 8 Housing in Idaho?

To qualify for Section 8 in Idaho, you must:

  • have the family’s income cannot exceed 50% of the median income in the county or metropolitan area where the family chooses to live.
  • meet the documentation requirements for citizenship or legal immigration status.
  • not evicted from public housing because of drug-related criminal behavior are ineligible for assistance for at least three years following their eviction.
  • be a permanent resident of Idaho.
  • be a U.S citizen or permanent legal resident.
  • not owe IHFA or any other housing authorities money.
How to qualify for Section 8 Housing in Idaho

How to qualify for Section 8 Housing in Idaho?

3. How to apply for Section 8 in Idaho (ID)?

To apply for Section 8 housing in Idaho, complete the three steps outlined below:

  • Step 1: To begin your application, contact your local Public Housing Authority (PHA) office. Select the rental assistance application that applies to your county of residence.
  • Step 2: Fill out the application at home: You can also fill it out at home and mail it to the IHFA office. Provide all required residency, citizenship, and income documentation.
  • Step 3: You will be placed on a waiting list or given a Housing Choice Voucher. If you are eligible for this housing assistance, you will be notified about your new rental apartment.

Do you take more than a year but didn’t get a Section 8 voucher? To receive Section 8 HCV fast, we can help you here.

GET SECTION 8 VOUCHER NOW

4. Section 8 open waiting lists in Idaho

There are two active Section 8 waiting lists in Idaho:

  • Housing Authority of the City of Pocatello.
  • Multi-County, Idaho.

How to apply for Section 8 in Idaho (ID)? Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) believes that if you complete all of the above steps, you will be able to obtain a voucher in a short time. It is not a miracle; it is the result of your efforts. If you require additional support, let us know by commenting below.

==> Read More: