Lidl is one of the renowned grocery stores providing a variety of high-quality food at a reasonable price. Some customers are wondering, “Does Lidl Take EBT/Food Stamps?”. In this post, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) will answer this question and share some information about how to use SNAP benefits and which food you can or cannot buy with that payment method.
1. Does Lidl Take EBT/Food Stamps?
“Does Lidl accept EBT? Did Lidl take SNAP benefits?” Yes, Lidl allows you to pay for foods with EBT cards at a physical store. Several stores along the East Coast of the USA, from New York to Georgia do take EBT funds to allow you to purchase groceries.
As long as you buy authorized items with your food stamps, Lidl stores will receive this payment method.
Before visiting Lidl stores, you need to call and ask a manager or check out their website to see whether they accept EBT purchases or not.
Moreover, several places may indicate stickers on front windows or at the registers to let customers know that they are able to purchase groceries with SNAP benefits.
EBT cards help you to buy nutritious food at an affordable price. If you want to own SNAP benefits, let’s hit the button below.
2. Does Lidl Accept EBT Cards As Online Payment?
After answering the question “Does Lidl accept food stamps?” you need to know “Does Lidl accept EBT online?” The answer is no. You can use food stamps for online orders at many grocery stores; however, Lidl stores don’t serve that service at present. If you want to buy food online, you need to use another payment method.
3. How To Use EBT Cards Or SNAP At Lidl
If you don’t know how to use SNAP benefits, follow our easy instructions below.
- Step 1. Scan groceries: Pick up your products as usual and wait for the cashier to scan each product. Afterwards, you need to enter your card into the reader.
- Step 2. Enter secret PIN: You must enter a four-digit number to activate your food stamp. You can’t pay with this method if you have forgotten your PIN.
- Step 3. Complete your transaction: The cashier will give you the receipt and ask you to remove your card once the payment is authorized.
4. What You Can And Can’t Buy With EBT Cards
4.1. Eligibility Food Items
SNAP stands for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, which offers families on a low budget access to nutritious drinks and food that helps them to lead a healthy and whole lifestyle. As we mentioned above, Lidl does accept EBT cards for in-store purchases. Now, let’s take a look at which eligible food you can buy with SNAP benefits:
- Vegetables and fruits.
- Red meat like ground meat, steak, etc.
- Cereals and bread.
- Dairy food such as cheese, yogurt, and milk.
- Potato chips.
- Energy drinks like Red Bull, Monster, etc.
- Soft drinks.
- Plants and seeds that produce food at home.
4.2. Prohibited Items
Here is a list of ineligible food that you can’t purchase with food stamps:
- Accessories/ pet food.
- Drinks or food that is hot at the point of sale.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Household cleaning products.
- Health products.
Does Lidl Take EBT? Lidl stores accept SNAP benefits as a valid payment method when buying EBT-qualified items. Using food stamps is very easy and works in the same way as you use a credit or debit card. Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) hopes you find this article helpful to know about going shopping at Lidl stores with SNAP benefits.