What are the dimensions of a credit card? This is a topic that few people understand although most Americans now have at least one credit card. Stay tuned to find out what the height and width of your cards are right now in this article from Hanfincal.
1. How thick is a credit card in mil?
An ID-1 or CR80 credit card has a specified thickness of 0.03 inches (0.76 millimeters). The credit card is 30 mil thick since mil, which is sometimes mistaken for millimeters, is really equivalent to one-thousandth of an inch.
Plastic card printing issuers may manufacture cards that are thinner than this, however 30 mil is a good thickness for plastic cards. This makes sense because credit cards are subjected to a great deal of abuse as a result of all the credit card machines they pass through.
2. What are the dimensions of a credit card?
The dimensions of a credit card are:
- Width size: 3.37 inches (85.6 mm),
- Height size: 2.125 inches (53.98 mm).
The International Organization for Standardization has created four alternative identity card standard sizes. Credit card size is subject to international standards. This means that not only is there a standard credit card size for cards issued in the U.S, but also worldwide.
All credit cards have a standard size because it makes it much easier for merchants to interact with them. If cards came in various sizes, stores and service providers would need a plethora of card readers to ensure that each one could fit into a machine for payment processing.
3. What are credit card materials?
Here are some common materials that are used for a credit card:
- Metal: Metal is often used for premium credit cards. Metal credit cards are heavier and typically have a more sophisticated appearance.
- Gold: Some special luxury cards take style and elegance to a whole new level by being gold-plated.
- Plastic: Plastic is a popular material used in credit cards. Plastic cards may not have the attractive appearance of metal or gold cards, but they are lighter to carry in your wallet.
Have you got the answer to the following question: What are the dimensions of a credit card? We bet that you’ll be surprised by this information. These cards conceal a plethora of intriguing secrets. Hanfincal hopes you will dig deeper to find those exciting truths that no one can tell you even though you probably use your credit cards every day.
==> Read More: