Many people in the US don’t have enough money to buy all the groceries they need. So they rely on something called Electronic Benefits Transfer or EBT. Using their EBT card, they can buy some food they need. But does Vons take EBT/Food Stamps in 2022? This post from Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) explains what you can do to shop at Vons using EBT/SNAP.
1. Does Vons take EBT/Food Stamps?
Does Vons take EBT cards? Yes, Vons accepts EBT card payments for in-store purchases and curbside pickup at all California and Nevada locations. You can only use your benefits to purchase staple foods you can carry with you and prepare at home. You can also use your SNAP funds to buy cold snack foods like bags of chips, soft drinks, and candy to eat on the go.
California, on the other hand, participates in the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). So, if you live there and are eligible to eat at fast-food restaurants that accept EBT, you’ll be able to buy hot, prepared food at Vons’ deli counter.
Furthermore, here is another important question: Does Vons accept EBT online? As mentioned above, Vons also accepts EBT/SNAP benefits payments for curbside pickup at all locations in California and Nevada as well.
2. How to use EBT cards or SNAP at Vons?
Here’s how I can use my EBT card at Vons:
- Step 1: Find the Vons location nearest to you. Go there and begin your shopping adventure. Place the items you want to purchase in the shopping cart.
- Step 2: Removes from the list all non-qualifying and non-grocery products. As a result, the other products could be obtained through alternative means.
- Step 3: The cashier will charge and swipe your EBT card to make a payment.
- Step 4: Enter your 4-digit PIN to complete your transaction and return home.
3. Eligible food items for EBT cards
Here’s a list of eligible food you can buy with an EBT card at Vons:
- Dessert: brownies, cookies, ice cream, etc.
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Poultry products: chicken meat and eggs.
- Pork products: sausages, chops, bacon, and tenderloin.
- Bread and cereal.
- Dairy products: milk, cheese, and yogurt.
- Soft & Energy drinks: Pepsi, Sprite, Red Bull, among others.
- Poke bowl.
- Snack crackers and chips.
- Red meat: steak, ribs, ground beef, and more.
- Cooking oils: olive, coconut, and vegetable oil.
- Wonton wrappers.
- Donuts, pastries, and cakes.
- Plants that produce vegetables, herbs, or fruit.
4. Prohibited items at Vons for EBT cards
Avoid the following departments and products when using your EBT card at Vons:
- Pet food.
- Cosmetics and feminine products.
- Dry ice.
- Types of indoor succulents.
- Cleaning supplies like soap.
- Fuel pumps.
- Alcoholic beverages: beer, wine, and spirits.
- Medicine and vitamins.
- Tobacco products like cigarettes.
- Products with supplements labels.
- Household products.
Does Vons take EBT/Food Stamps in 2022? Yes, you can use EBT/SNAP at Vons with a few steps! Hope you found this post a helpful resource! Please leave a comment below if you have any questions, Hanfincal (hanfincal.com) will do our best to answer them. If you enjoyed this blog post, don’t forget to share it with your friends by tweeting it on Twitter or sharing it on Facebook!